The Windsor Good News Electronics Recycling Education Corporation (WinCycle)
shall strive to:
- Provide a mechanism to dispose of non-functional computers and
electronic equipment in an environmentally responsible fashion. This
- retrieving the working parts for use in repairs,
- breaking down the remaining equipment into appropriate "streams"
- establishing a fee schedule for equipment disposal that reflects
the cost of paying to dispose of hazardous materials,
- reaching out to all elements of the community - individuals,
organizations, schools, and businesses - to educate them to the problems
associated with improper disposal of electronic equipment, and
- offering an environmentally safe alternative.
- Provide functional computers and other equipment to educational
institutions and non-profit charitable groups.
- Use the recycling service as a site for educational training. To the
extent possible, seek partnerships with Vermont and New Hampshire
- Provide individuals in transition with valuable job skills.
- Make the operation financially self-sufficient through the sale of
components, equipment, and waste removal.
- Structure the effort so that it can be a model program - one that can be
adapted/adopted by other communities and assume responsibility for
disseminating information about this initiative.